Website University of Turku, Department of Computing
The Software Engineering unit of the Department of Computing is seeking a research-oriented summer research assistant for the project “Intimacy in Data-Driven Culture”. The project focuses on privacy issues and the leaks of sensitive data to third parties in increasingly popular web and mobile environments.
The main tasks, depending on the applicant’s interests and skills, may relate to the following areas:
– Assisting in the writing of academic publications
* Analyzing and documenting data (network traffic) collected with technical tools
* Reporting research findings
– Technical examination of third-parties on websites from a privacy perspective
* Analyzing web analytics with relevant tools
* Analyzing outgoing network traffic to third parties on web pages
– The similar analysis of network traffic in the mobile environment
– A tendency towards academic writing and good written English skills
– Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy issues, especially in web and mobile environments
– Experience with tools related to network traffic analysis (e.g., Chrome DevTools, mitmproxy)
– Curiosity and a desire to understand what happens under the hood on websites and applications.
It is possible to write a bachelor’s thesis or master’s thesis based on the topic of the research project.
The duration of the internship is three months from June 1 2024 to August 31 2024.
The salary for the trainee is 2100 euros/month.
Trial period is one month.
Applications should be submitted at the latest on Tuesday, March 5, 2024 (16:00) using the electronic application form of the University of Turku on the following address: https://intranet.utu.fi/en/news/open-vacancies
The link to the application system is at the beginning of this announcement (“Apply for this position”).
Attachments: Curriculum Vitae, study transcript and brief motivation letter.
All students at the University of Turku can apply for summer internship positions. Students of the Department of Computing are preferred. Internship positions are intended for those who have no earlier work experience in the department.
For more information, please contact university teacher Sampsa Rauti, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job please visit intranet.utu.fi.